- Advance the leadership of young black people and other young people of color in your action planning, choice of spokespeople, and your continued work.
- Use this moment as an opportunity to address systemic racism, not just the struggle in Ferguson. Connect the fate of Mike Brown with the fate of millions of Black young people everywhere. Elevate local incidents of police violence known to people in your community.
- Use the hash tag #shutitdown in all social media attached to your action.
- Encourage everyone to join our national text network. Text "HANDSUP" to 90975. This is very important. If you have a mass action this may be the best way to collect a list. In the future we will be able to send texts to people based on their zip code. We will try to send region specific texts in the future.
- If possible, design your action to be intense, direct, and sustained. We don't want this to be a blip, or spasm. We want a meaningful conversation to be sparked.
- If possible, develop a creative action. Be imaginative and think outside the box.
- If possible, do an action at the DOJ or another federal building. If those places are not available find a location that will resonate with people in your community.
Click http://fergusonaction.com/ for more information!