- We stand for reaching out across all communities.
- We do not stand for bigotry, for scapegoating, or using anger as our driving force. Our mission is to encourage our community to engage our opposition in a conversation about full equality and to do this with respect, dignity, and an attitude of outreach and education.
- ShowMeNoHate, as an entity, will not encourage divisiveness, violence, or disrespect of others and we do not approve of this.
- We do not stand for pointing the finger at one group and placing blame. The LGBTQ community comes in all different colors, creeds, religious beliefs, and political parties. If we allow ourselves to place blame on one community or another, then we are no better than those who oppose us.
- We will not pit one community against another. At ShowMeNoHate, we are all inclusive. As such, we will continue to encourage debate from all sides of the conversation provided it is civil and respectful.
- We will encourage our community to not let anger steer the conversation, but with an understanding that anger is a human reaction and we hope that it can be used as a catalyst toward positive change.
- Finally, we stand for local unity in the face of opposing forces that have steered the conversation into a state's issue. We will celebrate our wins, but work as one large entity to help gain these wins and will unite in the conversation against us to plant the seed of change and community.