On Thursday February 12th, 2009 ShowMe No Hate is sponsoring "REGISTER YOUR LOVE." The City of Saint Louis grants same-sex couples a Domestic Partnership License. Unfortunately, very few same-sex couples obtain these certificates and we feel that must change in 2009. Without the support of hundreds of Domestic Partnerships, our city cannot urge the Missouri Legislature to overturn the Amendment banning same-sex marriages.
We know these certificates are not Marriage Licenses, but at the same time we need to show the City of St. Louis (and Missouri) that we count and that our Domestic Partnerships need to become full fledged legal Marriage Licenses.
We only ask you to register your love by obtaining a Domestic Partnership License on Thursday February 12th, 2009.
St. Louis City Domestic Partnership Registration
The Office of the City Register can take registrations of domestic partnerships.
To qualify as domestic partners, the couple must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Be eighteen years of age or older
2. Not be married or related by blood to the other in a manner that would bar marriage in the State of Missouri.
3. Have a close and committed personal relationship
4. Live together and have been continuously living together.
5. Live in the City of St. Louis
6. Be each other's sole domestic partner and have not terminated another domestic partnership in the last six months
Bring Proof of joint residency. Fill out application "Declaration of Domestic Parternship" in person. Both persons must be present.